Spray Pressure Sensor System
PPS’s Spray Pressure Sensing System measures and visually represents the spray distribution onto a surface via the impact pressure generated by spray particles.
Manufacturing and Process engineers who are working with spray processes can now visualize and quantify a spray pressure impact on a surface. The Spray Pressure Sensor System provides precise, real-time measurement to help eliminate the guesswork and speed up development time. Many spray process requirements are met only through “trial and error”, needing numerous adjustments to achieve a desired result. These adjustments can slow development time and productivity. PPS’s Spray Pressure Sensing System addresses this problem. Unlike other spray sensor systems, PPS spray pressure sensor has no minimum detection threshold and can detect pressures as small as 10 Pa, enabling ultra-fine resolution capture of spray pressure patterns.
The Spray Pressure Measurement System Includes a waterproofed spray pressure sensor mounted on a substrate, that either attaches to a computer directly in some configurations or via the USB 2.0 based T4500 interface electronics in others, to run PPS’s Chameleon image capture and analysis software. This industry-leading software is fully featured which means it can export replay, save test data, and perform analysis functions. Chameleon can also record and playback video with your data results for even greater insight and analysis.
Measuring Spray Pressures of Gases
KEY SYSTEM FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- High resolution array sensor capable of measuring the pressure impact against the surface and provide spray data to shorten development time and improve the quality and cost of products and processes.
- Waterproofed sensors provide a solution capable of providing valuable data under any spray process conditions.
- Highly sensitive tactile sensors allow customers to quantify spray pressure data even in applications where extremely low pressures are involved (unlike competitive offerings).
- System can measure low and high pressures of spray applications. This allows the PPS spray sensing system support all spectrum of spray process applications from high pepper spray pressures to low medical spray pressure for managing blood clotting.
- High performance capacitive sensing technology saves time and improves results by significantly reducing recalibration and repeated tests allowing developers to resolve problems and answer questions faster. Twice the repeatability, 5x better minimum pressure detection, and 50% better pressure sensing resolution compared to typical resistive tactile sensor technologies.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface provides latency-free results in a plug and play environment.
- Chameleon Visualization Software provides intuitive, easy to use, high-quality visualization, and easy access to data for analysis and export to other applications. The software is fully featured which means export, replay, save, and analysis functions are included with every system, unlike competitors who require a paid upgrade for these features.
Application: Spray Pressure Sensing
Customer: Home Office
Home office wanted to capture the pressure distribution of its pepper-spray device.
This application required high speed spray scanning and low pressure detection.
PPS delivered a high-resolution Conformable TactArray solution mounted on a customer-supplied testing plate.
Using Teflon sheathing, PPS protected the sensor from caustic fluids.
Home Office was able to measure and visually represent the spray distribution from their pepper-spray device onto a surface.
The sensor was also capable of scanning the spray information at a very fast speed.
Unlike competitive systems, PPS spray sensing solution detected the required low pressures and enabled Home Office to capture spray pressure information.